The Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) will be releasing the application forms for the VITEEE 2019 from November 1, 2018 onwards over their official website. VIT Engineering Entrance Exam is conducted each year for admissions to various engineering courses offered by VIT Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal , & Andhra Pradesh campuses. Last date for the application is February 28, 2019.
Equating Methodology: Equating is a statistical process that is used to adjust scores on test forms (that are approximately equivalent) so that scores on the forms can be used interchangeably. Thus, equating is used to adjust scores of candidates who have taken different forms of a test, in order to facilitate meaningful & fair comparison for merit list & ranking of these candidates. The statistical procedure of Equipercentile Equating would be used by VIT to identify the percentile ranks for candidates, such that scores on different forms with the same percentile rank are considered to be equivalent. Thus, Percentile Rank is a unique & invariant position of the test taker in that group. A percentile Rank, say 90 Percentile Rank denotes that there are 90 percent of test takers scores below this score level and 10 percent above this test score. Candidates are advised not to make assumptions & predictions of their score or rank based on their own estimates of raw scores. Since it is Computer Based Test (CBT), there is no revaluation of VITEEE answers as per the VIT Norms.
Links to Official VITEEE 2019 Syllabus:
Links to Official VITEEE Sample Questions:
Number of Questions:
- PCME (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & English) – 120 Questions (40 Questions Each) & English 5 Questions = Total 125 Questions
- PCBE (Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English) – 120 Questions (40 Questions Each) & English 5 Questions = Total 125 Questions
- No Negative Marks
- All Questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
VITEEE Question Paper Selection: Candidates are requested to give utmost attention during the selection of VITEEE Question Paper (PCME / PCBE).
- PCME – Candidates appearing in PCME are eligible for all the B.Tech. Degree programmes, as per the VITEEE Ranking.
- PCBE – Candidates appearing in PCBE is eligible only for B.Tech. Bio-stream Degree programmes, as per the VITEEE ranking.
- Date of Exam: April 10 to April 21, 2019
- Number of Sessions: 3 Sessions Per Day
- Exam Timings:
- I Session: 9 AM to 11:30 AM
- II Session: 12:30 PM to 3:00 PM
- III Session: 4 PM to 6:30 PM
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1997 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2019.
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2019 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, & Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the SC/ST & North Eastern State candidates.
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time & Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
- Regular ‘NIOS’ board candidates are also eligible for VITEEE. Other Open School candidates are not eligible for VITEEE.
- Candidates who have appeared for the +2 exam through different boards in the same academic year are not eligible to appear for VITEEE-2019.
Tentative Dates for VITEEE 2019 Schedule:
- From November 2018: Application Form Filling, Login Creation using Email Id & Mobile Number
- Upto February 2019: Online Application Form Correction or Editing (Except Correction of Mobile Number, Email ID & Address).
- March 2019: Slot Booking (PCME/PCBE) & Hall Ticket or Admit Card Generation.
- Entrance Exam: 2nd or 3rd Week of April 2019
- Result Declaration: End for April 2019
Note: We strive to keep the information on this page updated. However, candidates are requested to confirm the information provided on this page with the official website to avoid any issues.