The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the notification for the Online Application for the Combined Defense Services (CDS) Examination 1.
The written examination will be held on February 3, 2019 to fill a total of 417 vacancies. Interested candidates can apply before November 26, 2018 on the official website of UPSC. Candidates who want to join the Indian Navy, Indian Army & the Officers Training Academy as a Commissioned Officer are required to clear the UPSC CDS Exam.
Vacancy - UPSC CDS 2019
|1.||Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||100|
|2.||Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||45|
|3.||Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||32|
|4.||Officers' Training Academy (Men), Chennai||225|
|5.||OTA Chennai - 23rd SSC Women (Non Technical)||15|
Educational Qualifications for UPSC CDS 2019
- For I.M.A. & Officers’ Training Academy – Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy – Degree in Engineering from a recognized University / Institution.
- For Air Force Academy – Degree of a recognized University (with Physics & Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Selection Process for UPSC CDS 2019
- Written Examination
- Interview & Personaltiy Test
- Medical Fitness Test
The written examinations have two patterns:
- For the Indian Military Academy, Air Force Academy & the Indian Naval Academy, the subjects included in the examination are English, Mathematics & General Knowledge.
- For the Officers’ Training Academy, the written examination comprises of English and General Knowledge.
Note: We strive to keep the information on this page updated. However, candidates are requested to confirm the information provided on this page with the official website to avoid any issu